Hello friends, and welcome to the year 2020. It’s the start of a new decade and a beautiful opportunity to take control of the direction of your life- it’s never too late to start heading in the right direction and making the positive changes your life and your loved ones deserve.
This happens to be my very first post in what will hopefully be a pioneer of many more to follow. I hope you find it an interesting read.
Since we are in the early days of the year 2020, it makes sense to startup this blog by talking about the importance of GOALS.
From the dictionary- “A goal is a target or objective which an individual or organization intends to achieve or accomplish”. Goal setting involves the development of an action plan designed to motivate and guide a person or group towards achieving a set goal.
One of the quickest ways to measure your personal growth and development each year is to take stock of the goals you set and how you have fared in achieving them.
The one commodity which we all have equal amount to spend as humans but which we do not have control over is TIME. Goals however, help us to utilize time efficiently in other to improve the quality of our lives. “In simple words-“a goal is a statement showing how you intend to invest your time, your energy, your resources, and your life!”
*IMPORTANCE OF GOALS*
- Goals give you a sense of purpose and direction. The clarity of purpose that comes from having clear goals help you to channel your passion and energy for what truly matters.
- Goals help you keep your focus and identify distractions. Certain things crop during the year that may not necessarily be bad but threaten to derail our objectives. Having clear goals helps you to identify obstacles and distractions to your goals. Imagine having a goal of shedding some weight and while you are right on it your spouse returns home one day with loads of cookies, chocolate bars and crates of soft drinks!
- Goals build persistence. Having clear goals empowers you to work through setbacks. We all falter from time to time, but having clearly written down goals provides you with a platform to go again at life with renewed zeal.
- Goals help you itemize things on a scale of preference. Having clear goals help you direct your efforts towards goal-relevant activities. It helps you maximize your POWER TO CHOOSE.
- Finally, goals help you track your progress during the course of the year. Generally, goals are measurable items which are usually broken into achievable units.
That’s all for today folks. Kindly drop your thoughts and comments on the topic. Do enjoy a productive 2020.